Your Goals Are Our Goals
The United Association is committed to being a full partner with our signatory contractors as well as project owners.
The UA has had a long commitment to what we call the tripartite relationship – one that includes labor, management and project owners.
This has allowed us to define and act on the goals that we share of bringing projects in safely, on time and on budget. We also engage in a strategic planning process. Strategically thinking about the future and planning on where the UA and each of our local unions should aspire to be is a priority for our organization. It is for this very reason that the Strategic Planning Committee was formed and actively develops new initiatives and programs to move the UA forward in all vital aspects of our industry, including skills training and workforce development, industry relations, community service, political action and local union administration.
Our contractors—and their customers—are an essential part of this process.
The framework of the Strategic Planning program is:
- Skills Training and Workforce Development
- Contractor/Owner/Industry Relations
- Political Action and Government Affairs
- Local Union Leadership/Administration
When You Are A Union Contractor
When you become a union contractor a whole new world of opportunity begins with you, your family and the men and women you employ.
- You can support the industry with the skills and expertise that your UA training provides.
- You can support your local economy and community through jobs and activism.